Sunday, July 28, 2019

The Queensway Motel in Espanola is Closed

We stayed there a few years ago. It was in the nicest spot at a wide curve in the road with tall pine trees between the motel and the traffic of the roadway. The motel was being renovated then, a few rooms at a time the owner said. She gave us one of the newly renovated rooms. It was lovely. She was very nice. Mostly, I loved that layout and the space the motel was in. I've remembered it for years.

But, its closed now. I read there were a couple of fires. One in 2018 which was reported as suspicious in some way. No details about that. I'm sad its closed and likely won't be opened again as a motel. I hope people who live there in the future will get to see that lovely, peaceful, sweeping curve in the road when they look out their windows. I hope it doesn't get developed out of existence.

I found a postcard of the motel for sale on Amazon. They wanted a lot of money considering you really can't see the motel through the pine trees. I think the postmark on the back says 1965. There were a lot of trees then, it was probably still on the newly built side then. There are fewer trees still standing in the most recent view I found on Google. I searched the real estate directory/ site but nothing showing up there. It is likely already sold or unlisted.

No comments:

Post a Comment